Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Din Danske Missionær 11/08/2010

Kære Familie og Venner!

Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Let the winter season begin, officially! It has snowed in Denmark. It did not stick but it was snowing! Is that crazy or what! I cannot believe we are entering the 2nd week of November... its just crazy. Time is flying by and I am getting closer and closer to the end of my mission. Its just incredible how fast time flies. I am doing well and have had a decent week. This week again was more mellow.

To begin We had a rough beginning of the week. However we did meet with our investigator named Nicole. She is doing much, much better. In fact she has changed a lot and is finally making real progress. This week we decided to teach her about Christlike attributes. We began with Faith and Hope, and then continued on to Charity and Love. She really liked them and enjoyed the scriptures we shared with her. She has already begun to apply some of those attributes into her life. Her baptismal date is for November 25 officially now, and things seem to be on track for that. I will keep you updated as the date comes closer and closer.

We also met with Fareed again this week. He just loves having us over. She shared a spiritual message with him that involved the Book of Mormon. We encouraged him to begin reading the scirptures again and to try to make it to church. Other than that he just loves us. I mean I have never met a man so grateful to have missionaries come over. He truly is a good person and is doing his best with the life he has. I am glad I am here to help him to the best of my abilities. Whats also neat is, I am also learning things from him. Good man, good appointment.

We also met with another investigator named THU. This is the girl we teach English. She is doing better and better each week we meet with her. I am very impressed with the progress she is making. The only problem is she is really shy to speak. I understand her pain completely... I struggled and in all reality still struggle, having the confidence to speak danish. So I have been relating to her pretty well, and shes progressing. We teach her a little about the church here and there, but struggles understanding. I hope with time, things can progress farther.

Then on Saturday we had another apartment inspection from the new couple missionaries that serve in a city called Aalborg. They arrived in Denmark about 4 weeks ago. As I began to talk with them I found out they are from ALPINE with names Elder and Sister Jensen! Sweet! A little Alpine reunion. For those who are from Alpine I asked them the good old true alpiner question, "Do you live close to the buffalo?." They laughed and they passed my alpiner test. They are way cool and my companion and I gave them a tour of Århus. It was fun. By the way.... My apartment passed with flying colors.... I bet to most of you that was a shocker.... haha. :)

So Saturday evening came along and we sat down around 9 to plan and we realized how rough of a week it was. We have had very little contact with our investigators and in short never got the chance to invite them to church. So I was quite sad that none of my investigators were coming. So I said a prayer asking Heavenly father to prepare someone, anyone so I can have an investigator at church.

Well Sunday rolled around and I arrived at church. I began greeting the members and being social when in walks the Jensen's. They are the couple missionaries serving in Aalborg. Not only did they come to church but they brought this young girls around 24 years old in. They began to talk to me and said that when they pulled up they saw this girl starring at the church building deciding whether to enter or not. So Elder Jensen went up with a smile to her and invited her in. Well she stayed through sacrament meeting and had a good experience. I got her number and she is interested in learning more. Her name is Lykke and she answered my prayers.

So my spiritual message for the day is, don't EVER forget the power of prayer. This is something that's REAL and AMAZING. I knew my prayer was answered yesterday when the Jensen's brought that girl through the door. I know the power of prayer works. Maybe not always in the way we want it, but it works. In my case he not only got an investigator in church, but he also gave me a new investigator to teach. I love my Heavenly Father and how he continually blesses and helps his children. How grateful I am for his help, love, and patience. May you remember prayer and use it. He wants to talk to us and prayer is how we do it!

Well everyone, Have an amazing week. Everything is beginning to look a lot like Christmas, so enjoy it as it only lasts for a few months. Take care, and I wish the very best for you!

Din Danske Missionær,
Med Kærlig Hilsen,
Ældste Skyler Hardy!

No comments:

Post a Comment